Friday, December 18, 2015

Crayon Candles

CRAYON CANDLES

Problems with my project:I made crayon candles.I thought it would be different because all of my other classmates made something out of cardboard.I did not have two bowls so my candle wick did not stay glued in.I also didn’t have a jar. I had to use a metal can. It worked but the jar would have been better.

Brainstorming:I decided to go on YouTube and look for ideas. I found a video on how to make these candles and decided to try it.


Step 1: First, you will need to glue in your candle wick. You will need to buy candle wicks. Take a wick  and hot glue it to the bottom of the jar. Push it down with a pencil and wrap the top part if the wick around the pencil after you are done holding it down

Step 2:Next,you will need to un-wrap and break the crayons. Pick out the color that you want. Put them in a separate bowl.



Step 3:Put 5 scoops of Crisco in the bowl with the crayons.

Step 4: In the microwave,melt the mixture of Crisco and broken crayons for 2 and a half minutes. If that is not enough time and the crayons are not melted, put them back in for 10 seconds at a time.

Step 5: Now, add 10 drops of candle scent.(optional) You can choose any flavor that you want.


Step 6:Let the candles sit out until hardened.

Step 7:If the wick is more than 1 inch long, you will need to cut it down to about an inch.

I would have done a few more rounds with the Crisco and crayons but I did not have enough time to do that because I had a time limit.

Dec 18, 2015 10:54:38 AM.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment