Sunday, January 10, 2016

Cardboard Game

How To Make: A Cardboard Game

 PROBLEM: I wanted something to entertain my brother and I.

BRAINSTORM: I knew I had some unused cardboard, so I decided to make a cardboard arcade-like game so me and my brother could have more fun.

MATERIALS: Two cardboard boxes with volumes of one and two cubic feet, scissors, paper (optional) and glue or tape (tape recommended and used).

    STEP 1): I used some cardboard to make the the top.  
Height: One foot
Length: One foot
Width: One foot
Volume: One cubic foot

    STEP 2): I used another cardboard box to make the sides and bottom.
Height: Two feet
Length: One foot
Width: One foot
Volume: Two cubic feet
    STEP 3): I put the first cardboard box (for the top) and cut a hole in the top. The hole was at the bottom of the box. The hole is a circle and is about two inches by one inch. I put duck tape two centimeters away from the hole.
    STEP 4):
You cut a hole in the side of the smaller original box. You don’t move to the box mentioned in step two. Then, you put the smaller box into the large box(mentioned in step two).

    STEP 5): You have to make your “person” whom you drop into the hole.
   














STEP 6):I put my name on my construction.  Then, I cut a 3 inch by 4 inch hole in the side of the larger cardboard box.  I cut the hole right under the smaller cardboard box that is placed inside it.  Finally, I wrote the name of the game on
the side of the box, “Escape… From Prison!”

    STEP 7): I put the second obstacle on the game.  First, I placed some duck tape inside the box(right next to where the figure lands).

    Changes: Next time, I will try to do this project with wood and nails instead of cardboard and duct tape

No comments:

Post a Comment