Monday, January 11, 2016

Gumball Machine

How to Build an Awesome Gumball Machine

Problem: My sister steals my gumballs all the time so if she wants one of my gumballs she must pay for them.

Plan: I looked at google images then I saw a wooden coin operated gumball machine. I thought it looked cool so I clicked on the link and  saw the instructions! My dad helped me make templates for the top and the middle.

Step 1: Cut out a piece of glass with a coin slot in it a little bigger then your coin. The glass should be 9 ⅜ by 8 1/6 . then cut out a hole that is a little bigger than your gumball. Repeat this step on a new piece of glass but with the hole and coin slot a coin length farther forward.

Step 2: get a glass jar and cut a gumball sized hole on the center of the lid and then screw it on to the top glass template with the two gumball holes lined up.

Step 3: get a 2 by 2 piece of wood that is 11 inches long and two 2 by 4 pieces of wood that are 9 ⅜ inches long and set all the wood in between the two glass plates with the 2 by 2 in the middle.

Step 4: line the end of the 2 by 2 up with the first gumball hole and cut another gumball hole where the wood lines up with the first gumball hole. Make sure the holes are the exact same size.

Step 5: get a frame that is 3 inches thick to go at the bottom of the gumball machine then attach the third piece of glass to the bottom of the frame. now you have made the gumball machine.
Improvements: I made the bottom of the coin slot have hinges and a lock so i can get the coins out.

Changes: I would make the slot where the coin drops into the coin slot larger and I would put a funnel where the gumballs come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment